Home | Looking for something? Sign In | New here? Sign Up | Log out

Wednesday 7 June 2006

Embrace Your Flaws

Wednesday 7 June 2006
Hi Forex Nation!!

I have returned! Sometimes you need a vacation from your vacation, if you know what I mean! While I was enjoying beautiful Southern Califoria I had time to reflect on my trading. I had some good points and some ... well, let's just say some not so good points. Instead of getting down about what I felt were flaws in my trading game I thought I would list them out and embrace them.

I had no problem listing my top five areas of trading psychology that required attention. I did this in order to identify strategies to counter these feelings and allow me better overall trade execution. That's what it's all about after all.

Before I continue, remember that I am a flawed individual, so be kind! I also recognize that these flaws serve me well in life and in trading I simply need to understand that they are present and devise methods for incorporating them into my trading plan so they have a positive effect.

Here they are!!

1. Afraid of Failure
This is presetn in almost every traders life.
Counter - read trading plan and mission statement before every trading session.

2. Lack of Discipline
I still find myself occasionally chasing trades.
Counter - I maintain a detailed trading journal that reminds me of how effective I am when deciplined.

3. Impulsive
My arch enemy!
Counter - I find I am more impulsive when tired. If I do not have enough rest I do not trade.

4. Competetive
The old athlete in me. In the past I have joined the herd.
Counter - I trade live in a focus environment with CNBC off and ensure that I make all decisions based on my trading plan and what the market is willing to allow me to take.

5. Greed
It cannot be a true list without fear AND greed.
Counter - Ironically, I employ discipline to maintain a rigid pip goal in my compounding account. Another trait that usually raises it's ugly head when I did not get enough rest.

Kowing what these negative trading traits are and when they are triggered will allow you too to manage your mind-set and turn these into positive currency trades!

Happy Trading!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Advertise


Advertise

Labels

~10% (3) ~20% (2) ~30% (2) ~40% (1) 5 EMA forex trading system (7) 5 EMAs Forex Trading System (7) about (1) accounts (2) Adam Burgoyne (11) alerts (13) Analysis (7) artfab (3) article (8) AUD (29) aud/usd. voltile currency pair (1) audjpy (119) audnzd (1) audusd (5) automated forex system (4) avi frister (12) baltic dry index (1) beginner (1) bernanke (2) best forex signal service (1) bollinger (2) bottoms (9) bread (8) bugs (1) CAD (3) cadjpy (1) candlestick (1) carry (31) Central Banks (1) CFTC (1) Chart Analysis (1) charts (24) cnbc (2) code (1) consumer (1) copper (1) Currency Crisis (1) currency pair (2) currency trading (17) dell (2) delphi scalper (1) delphi scalper bonus (2) Delphi Scalper review (2) delphiscalper (2) Disclaimer (1) double bottom (1) double top (1) dow (6) ea (24) ECB (1) education (2) Egypt (2) Elliott wave (1) EMA (9) entry (4) entry and exit (5) EUR (15) EUR/USD (18) euraud (2) eurchf (2) eurjpy (1) eurtry (4) eurusd (8) exit (2) Expert Advisor (12) explained (8) fibonacci levels (3) FOMC (1) Foreclosures (2) forex (1) forex ace (3) forex ace review (2) forex annihilation (2) forex annihilation review (2) Forex Assassin (6) forex assassin formula (2) Forex Assassin review (5) forex assassin system (1) forex autocash robot (1) forex autocash robot review (1) forex broker (3) forex bullet proof (1) Forex Bulletproof (1) forex bulletproof bonus (1) forex bulletproof review (1) forex candlestick (1) forex candlesticks (1) forex chart (4) forex day trading (22) Forex day trading system (18) forex ema (7) forex Entry (4) forex income engine (3) forex income engine 2.0 (1) forex income engine 2.0 review (1) forex income engine bonus (2) forex income engine review (3) forex inflation (1) forex lagging indicators (1) forex leading indicators (1) forex macd (4) forex mentor (1) forex news (3) forex nitty gritty (1) forex nitty gritty review (1) forex nitty gritty scam (1) forex pips (19) forex profit farm (2) forex scam (1) Forex Signal (26) forex signal service (1) forex software (1) Forex Strategy (3) forex success formula (4) forex swing trading system (1) Forex System (4) forex technical indicators (18) forex traders (1) forex trading (6) forex trading by Zero (1) forex trading course (1) forex trading ebook (13) forex trading machine (11) Forex trading strategy (1) forex trading system (2) forexace (1) forexannihilation (1) forexassassin (1) forexincomeengine (2) forexsuccessformula (1) Fundamental Analysis (3) fundamental announcement (12) fundamental news (9) fundamentals (15) fx market (1) fx trading (1) fxspyder (6) fxtrade (1) gains (5) GBP/USD (12) gbpchf (1) gbpjpy (6) gbpusd (1) Global Currency (1) gold (2) greed (1) grid (3) Indicators (2) Insights (1) Jason Fielder (1) jim cramer (1) Jokes (1) JPY (31) learn forex candlesticks (1) learn forex trading (3) Learning (15) lessons (28) limit (2) Live Result (27) lmt forex formula (1) lmt forex formula bonus (1) lmt forex formula review (1) lmtforexformula (1) losses (5) MACD (7) markets (13) mechanical forex trading (1) metatrader (11) microtrading (2) MIG Bank (1) mini 12 (2) mt4 (12) Mubarak (1) news (3) nfp (13) non farm payroll (7) NZD (9) nzd/usd (3) nzdusd (1) oanda (7) Oil (1) oil price (2) online forex trading (5) open project (3) opportunity (4) oscillators (1) panic (1) part time (2) paulson (1) peter bain (4) philosophy (3) PHP (3) PIMCO (1) pivot points (3) Portfolio (8) Portfolio Prophet (1) Portfolio Prophet Review (1) price alerts (7) price driven system (1) Privacy Policy (1) profitable (33) programming (1) providers (2) quantitative analysis (1) range trading (2) rba (1) recap (8) review (3) review of forex success formula (1) risk (1) roadmap (2) robot (28) robots (5) RSA (1) rsi (5) RUP (1) scalping (7) Service (1) short (1) signals (15) sites (1) Software (1) spread (1) stochastics (3) stop (2) stop loss (5) strategy (42) support and resistance (7) swing (5) swing trading (5) swing trading strategy (1) talk (104) Technical Analysis (29) tension (3) theory (12) thoughts (58) trailing stop (3) training (1) trends (8) turmoil (6) twitter (1) ubuntu (1) ufta (2) Uncategorized (4) unwind (5) updates (3) usa (2) USD (50) USD/CAD (4) usd/chf (1) USD/JPY (1) usdcad (9) usdjpy (5) vix (3) volatility (2) voltile currency pair (2) yen (2) Yuan (1)

Blog Archive